14 Jun 2016
Go Head Over Heels for these Breath-Taking Bridal Shoes
They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and that might be the case when it comes to your engagement ring, but a girl has to have more than one best friend, right? Flats, heels, wedges or boots, we’ve always had an obsession with shoes and the ones you choose for your wedding day are sure to get your heart racing even more than a typical pair. What’s more, now we can even change our shoes throughout the wedding; there is the ceremony, then the reception, after all.
For the summer bride, why not add a burst of colour to sing against the white of a traditional gown? These peep toe satin sandals from the Rainbow Club offer the ultimate style statement. Their delicate straps are complimented with a crystal buckle. Perfect for the one-of-a-kind bride.
These vintage inspired shoes are perfect for those with bridal style that’s a little bit different but still likes to keep things traditional. These suede ivory peep toe shoes are the perfect combination of something old and something new, all tied together with an organza ribbon. Rachel Simpson Shoes ensure the heel isn’t too high so the first dance and the many after should go without a hitch!
We love these handmade barefoot sandals from PS. With Love. This look has been inspired by Eastern weddings. What could be better for a beach setting or a bohemian ceremony? Each sandal is decorated with freshwater pearls, Swarovski pearls and champagne crystals that create a floral design that traces delicately up the foot, all finished with a delicate golden ankle chain.
Keep things Casual
The rustic bride might not want to stumble throughout her day in heels if she’s not used to it, that’s why we love these Kate Spade and Keds collaboration. The lace design is stitched into the fabric highlighting the champagne colour. Well, it wouldn’t be a wedding without champagne. Keds offer a whole selection of wedding designs, perfect for comfort or a ceilidh! Why not add to the theme by swapping the traditional laces for an extra dose of lace?
We love tradition here at Your Wedding Guide, but why not take a modern look at the classic wedding court shoe and opt for a T-bar instead? This pair of ivory and lace peep toe bridal shoes are perfect for those who are experts at walking in heels. These Westerleigh wonders are the ultimate choice for the fashionable yet traditional bride.
Top Tips for Choosing Wedding Shoes
Whatever your taste, you will find something that suits your style perfectly, weddings aren’t what they used to be and planning a unique wedding where your personal style is highlighted is more popular than ever before
- If you’re planning on wearing your heels all day, don’t overlook comfort. Don’t make the mistake of buying cheap shoes that lack the extra padding wedding shoes offer.
- Silk and satin are the most popular fabrics but make sure the colour matches your dress; there are dozens of variations of white!
- Are you having a ceilidh? Perhaps you should invest in some stunning ballet flats to ensure you can dance the night away.
- Why not buy shoes that can be dyed after the wedding, this will ensure longevity and you can wear your shoes time and again as a special memento of your big day.
- As a rule, brides tend to spend 10-15% of the value of their dress on their shoes. Though if you’re on a budget, you can pick up some amazing bargains under the “sale” sign!